Postdoctoral Position in Microbial Ecology – Bioplastic, Biodegradation and Biofilms (f/m/d)
(full-time, E 13 TV-L)
Reference No. 2020/248. The scheduled start date is March 1st, 2021 or by agreement. The position is available for two years with possibility for extension. In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The position is available in the research team for Limnic Microbiology led by Prof. David Schleheck as part of a project on microbial degradation of novel plant-oil based polyethylene-like bioplastic materials in collaboration with the research teams for Chemical Materials Science led by Prof. Stefan Mecking and for Physical Chemistry led by Prof. Helmut Cölfen. The project offers an exciting opportunity for candidates wishing to conduct exceptionally innovative research with a strong interdisciplinary focus working at the interface between biology and chemistry. The working language is English.
– Establishing biodegradation tests
– Microbial community analysis
– Analytical chemistry
– (LC-MS, GC-MS)
– Enzymic work
– PhD degree in Biology, Molecular Biotechnology, or related with outstanding results
– Documented experience in biofilm research and molecular analysis of microbial communities (meta-omics)
– Creativity and initiative, to successfully achieve goals in a team
– Enthusiasm for science at the interface of Chemistry and Biology
– Strong written and oral communication skills in English language
– Good development opportunities, extensive training and an attractive remuneration package
– An opportunity to carry out fundamental scientific research in an international team and context
– Responsibility from day one in challenging and versatile research projects
Questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. David Schleheck via E-Mail: David.Schleheck@uni-konstanz.de.
We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents until 15.01.2021 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).
Details zum Stellenangebot
- Strasse & Hausnummer Universitätsstr. 10
- Bundesland Baden-Württemberg
- Vertragsart Unbefristet
- Bewerbungsform Online, E-Mail, Postalisch
- Jahresgehalt Nach Vereinbarung